Clark came up for air when Lois finally broke free, exclaiming,” I’m so glad to see you, Kal! Tonight let’s fly somewhere quiet and watch the stars.”
laugh

So, here’s my idea: I think maybe you could leave the suit behind and wear regular clothing. Then we could go out in public, because no one would recognize you without your suit. Does that sound crazy to you?”
Yes…?

“Maybe you could even put on some sort of disguise if you thought someone might recognize you, like a fake beard, or maybe glasses- “
Sure… And loud ties…

Clark leaped up. He hated to lie to Lois, but now he simply had to. “I hear a cry for help! I need to go. I need to go now. I mean really, really right now. To go. And help.”
You don’t joke about helping. He should rather tell her he has to return a video laugh

Think of how to unweave this web of deception.
/offers scissors/

Lois knew this sort of thing would happen, that Kal would often be needed and have to leave at a moment’s notice, and she was surprised to find their first broken date bothered her far less than she’d expected. In her short life, Lois had dealt with gun runners in the Congo and car theft rings in Metropolis, been held at gunpoint twelve times, saved Jimmy from alligators, been arrested twice, kidnapped four times, fired Perry after he’d fired her, been thrown out of an airplane, tackled crazy invisible men and wackos with flamethrowers, won three Kerth Awards *and* managed to snag the only interview ever granted by the mysterious billionaire Lex Luthor. With all that had happened in her life, she had never been more nervous than that evening a couple weeks ago when, while interviewing Superman, she’d asked if they might go out on a date.
Okay, which universe is this? Or is it ‘when is it?’ It’s post Nightfall, but has to be before Luthor asked her out…

High above her, atop the roof of an adjacent building, a figure dressed entirely in black watched her progress through masked eyes. The dark form watched until she entered her apartment complex, and then dropped silently from the rooftop fifty feet to the alleyway below. Within seconds, the figure became one with the night.
Huh? Batman?

But Lois Lane wearing sweats and curlers in her hair? Clark looked with a quizzical raise of his eyebrows toward the Chief, who had seen the flash that was Lois come and go.
laugh

“No, son. *The* Cat. That’s what they’re calling this new hero of the night. He’s the biggest story in town; the appearance of this Cat character overshadowed a Superman rescue yesterday. Hit the pavement yourself, Clark, although you might already be too late. He may be silent and stealthy, but don’t be surprised if Lois ends up belling the Cat.”
You know, I’m really starting to think Clark as Superman as Kal-El has now created the ‘Cat’ for some reason…

The Cat rose up and faced Lois. He said nothing. She started to activate her voice recorder but with a sudden insight and speed like a panther herself, Lois grabbed out and pulled the mask from his face.

“Clark?! What do you think you’re doing? What are you doing in this stupid costume? And how can you even see without your glasses?”
laugh

With that, Lois walked out of the alleyway toward home, grumbling about the loss of a great story. She left behind a very confused and dazed Clark Kent. His plan to create a second secret identity and allow Lois to discover it so she would fall in love with heroic Clark hadn’t worked at all! He’d thought it was the crime fighting Lois liked. He’d been sure it was the crime fighting. Fight crime, interest Lois, reveal himself, somehow work Superman out of his life, or at least out of Lois’, and things would be great. Hmmm. Maybe for Lois it was the colorful costume? She’d said the black was stupid. Perhaps he should go with that crazy green and yellow suit his Mom made before the final choice of red, blue and yellow. Sure! He’d stop by to visit Lois as Superman, then fly out to Kansas for a family visit as Clark Kent and while there pick up the wildly-colored costume. Then he would begin his third superhero career as the mighty… Spark. This time Clark would pick his name as a crime fighter, not let someone else decide who he would be. That decision would be his and his alone, so sooner or later Lois would see Clark for who he really was.
Okay, he certainly has gone over the deep end.

Funny story, Kevin laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.