And incredibly late coming back to this folder, too! I suppose I should blame the Evil Duo, Kaethel and Elena, who have been somewhat insistent that I concentrate my energies elsewhere, goofy but that really is no excuse. frown

Anyway, as I said, this was inspired by an angsty song which Kaethel and I both love; and I'm delighted to see that she's now started posting what I think of as the 'twin' to this story, since it's inspired by the other song we listened to a lot recently, Delta Goodrem's Not Me, Not I. Kaethel's story, Seasons Out Of Time (and what an acronym, Kae! eek ) is now playing in the fanfic folder too. <g>

I'm delighted that you all seemed to like this little vignette. It seemed to me that we never really saw enough of Lois's sudden discovery that it was possible for her to lose Clark to Mayson. Sure, she was jealous of Mayson, that was obvious, but where were the attempts to win him back for herself? All we got were snippy remarks - indicating that Lois was still in denial about her feelings. Okay, we saw her looking upset when Mayson cut in on her dance with Clark, but then she concluded that she'd never lose Clark anyway. And I can't see how that could possibly be true, since if he started dating Mayson he'd naturally stop spending so much time with Lois. As many writers have pointed out, at this stage in S2 they were pretty much dating anyway, just without the romance.

Anyway, again, many, many thanks to all of you who commented on this! Your feedback is very much appreciated. smile Especially those who liked the 'love you - ratfink' exchange. goofy

And, Irene:
Very sweet... and short. I'd forgotten that you, um, can write short stories
LOL! You are... evil ...

And Rat:
I think my favourite line was Lois getting all hopeful over Clark wanting to open the door to her sans shirt.
LOL and thank you!!! laugh

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*