This was a really sweet ending. This was by far my favorite part:

“I guess, what I wanted to say… what I'm trying to ask is, um, if you'd consider maybe…” He blew out a breath. “…If you'd want to…”

“Marry me,” Lois inserted breathlessly, so soft and forceful that it came out as something between a whisper and a cough.
Oh, so sweet! I always love when she asks him to marry her, not the other way round.

“Lois?” Clark's mind was once again tripping all over itself, but for a whole slew of new and delightful reasons. He studied her face, her eyes, the lines on her forehead, and smiled. Suddenly the anxiety was gone and in its stead he was filled with irrational amusement. “I was going to ask if we could start dating.”

Lois bit her lower lip, and to his relief appeared to be trying to hold back a laugh of her own. “Yeah. That's probably what's comes before…” She paused and waved her free hand in the air, “...the other thing.”

She may have slipped and brought the "M' word into the conversation, but that didn't mean she wanted to say it again.
The 'M' word!!! I love how Lois is so scared and skittish, and yet so desperately in love with Clark all the same.

Well, this was a very sweet trilogy, Sonia. And welcome back, by the way. You must know I loved your story where Clark had a 'son', and... well, I'll say no more for those who haven't read it!

Ann