Lois is seeing a therapist! Yay! Someone in her position (or a position similar to hers) would need to talk to a disinterested and objective third party. No one in their immediate circle can make that claim. Dr. Friskin can help her see what she hasn't so far, and she can help Lois with those ambiguous feelings about her baby.

I still maintain that we don't yet know if Lois was raped. We don't know if Clark was really her "first time" or not. We don't know how likely it is that the baby isn't Clark's. If it were today, they could take an oral swab from him and do a DNA match against the amniotic fluid, but I don't know what the state of science is in this universe (and we've not been told, which might be deliberate). And, of course, Lois still needs to work out all of her issues. She's made some marvelous progress, but there are still miles to go before she sleeps. Hope we get this baby thing resolved before too much longer. Then they can work on the sex thing.

Oh, Carol, don't edit the post. I understand Ann's point, and it's a valid one, but Lois is coming across to me as someone who's been hurt so deeply that she can't tell how badly she's been hurt, so she's reluctant to take those steps towards recovery because they're also painful. At least she knows her current pain and can deal with it. Recovery from anything is scary, whether physical or psychological, because it involves new pains and uncertainties. But she has to go through it, and with Clark at her side she can face it and come out the other end smiling and well-adjusted.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing