I, too, sympathize with Clark's reaction. An important reason for that is that Lucy often irritates no end. As most of you know I am anything but an expert on a show, but I do remember watching an episode (the Pilot???) where Lucy said to Lois, 'Lois, you don't have dates, you have interviews'. And I'm pretty sure the little brat had come home to Lois, to Lois's apartment - uninvited, of course - to lecture her sister like that. God, how I hated Lucy that time. What is it to her if Lois has dates instead of interviews? If that is a problem in the first place, it's Lois's problem, not Lucy's. And if it's a problem that needs to be solved, then Lucy's mockery sure isn't going to make it easier for Lois to find a nice guy to date.

One problem I have with Lucy is that she comes off to me, all too often, as a self-satisfied young woman who is pleased with herself because she knows that she is good at doing what other people do and look good while she is doing it, too. Then she takes a look at her older sister, who is very much her own person and not always good at doing what other people do, and Lucy tut-tuts at her.

I wouldn't be so irritated at Lucy if Lois had been able to stand up to her sister and tell her that she wasn't welcome to Lois's apartment if she had come there only to enjoy the comforts of it and to criticize the person who paid the rent for it. Unfortunately though, Lucy's words always seem to cut Lois so deeply. Her sister's gleeful criticism usually turns Lois into an emotional wreck, and she feels like an utter failure.

This time, Lucy's input made Lois feel that she should have sex with with her husband no matter what she herself thought about it. I'm very glad that Clark saw through her façade, and I loved the expression you made him use, that he could feel that Lois's scent was scared.

I agree that Clark got a little too angry at Lois. On the other hand, I'm not criticizing him for it! The situation is frustrating for him, and Lucy's input sure didn't make things better. Perhaps he should have stayed and talked to Lois instead of flying away and venting at Perry, but I'm glad that he flew away. He has his own needs, too. And I'm glad that Alice phoned Lois and talked to her.

I'm sure I don't like the appearance of Claude!!!! Yeeeccchhh!!!!

Ann