I'm glad Clark pushed Lois back. She knows she should be ready, she knows her husband has been ready for five years, and she's just been treated to a dissertation on the joy of sex from a hormone-drenched newlywed whose main thought is getting home in time to be with her new husband. (There's nothing wrong with that, by the way, and a whole truckload of things right with it.) But like Clark said, Lois shouldn't do this just because Lucy can't stop breathing heavily.

And I have to defend Clark a little bit. He's like Charlie Brown trying to kick the (American) football Lucy is holding. But every time he runs up to boot it, she pulls it away at the last minute and he flops on his back and knocks the breath from his lungs.

That's what just happened to Clark. He sees his beautiful wife moving towards him in what looks like a sexy and inviting manner, but then when he realizes she's not really ready, his hopes and expectations are flipped over and dumped on their collective heads. That hurts! And he took a little bit of his frustration out on Lois, then dumped the rest on Perry while he worked his way back from the edge and calmed down enough to talk with her rationally.

I still hold that Lois needs to see a professional therapist on a professional basis. I'm surprised that Alice hasn't recommended one. Could have happened "off-camera," though I'd like it better if we could see Lois talking through her issues with a competent counselor.

I know we're winding down to the end, and I'm still with you. But poor Lois and Clark. They have to travel to all these exotic locations all over the world and then - drat that Perry White! - they actually have to write about it. I feel so sorry for them. I hope they manage to escape his dreadful clutches soon.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing