Very short feedback here, Carol.

Great Clark POV! Clark came through as such a loving, honest, well-meaning young man. He struggles with a very difficult situation, and he tries to make ends meet and shoulder responsibility for his family and make his young wife trust him. Importantly, you made us see that he loves her very much. In the last chapter, Lois was ready to let Clark go as soon as she could keep Lucy out of the system, but here you showed us that Clark very much hoped that he would be able to keep his family together.

However, speaking about trust. I think that Clark hasn't done anything wrong when it comes to Mayson, even though I was very glad to see that he has resolved to see much less of Mayson from now on for Lois's sake. But while Clark hasn't done anything wrong with Mayson, I'll keep insisting that he was wrong to keep his Kryptonian nature a secret from Lois. And he did keep it a secret. It was not as if he didn't have a chance to tell her. I remember that Clark and Lois were playing a sort of game, where Clark had to answer a lot of questions about himself. He had every chance to tell Lois his secret then and there, but he didn't, because... well, because. Because he didn't. If I had been Lois, Clark's failure to share his secret with me at that time would have suggested to me that Clark was not fully to be trusted. I would think to myself that he didn't tell me about his powers even when the opportunity presented itself. Why would he tell me about Mayson, considering he likes to keep me in the dark about other aspects of himself?

I hope that Clark will be made to really deal with the question of why he didn't tell Lois his secret as soon as they were married. I hope that Lois will make him tell her about that.

(Ah, but maybe you'll be telling me that your Lois didn't take offence at Clark's "lies by omission" about his powers at all, and she hasn't even been thinking about it since Lucy asked her how long it was before Clark told her?)

I hope you know that I'm going on about Clark's secret only because I hate when he is lying to Lois about it. But, like I said, maybe your Lois isn't at all worried about those three months when he didn't tell her.

I wish that Lois had really asked Clark how long he had been sleeping with Mayson. If she had, then Clark would at least have known what the problem was and why Lois kept withdrawing herself from him.

Anyway, Clark was adorable in this chapter. I feel for him so much. I absolutely loved that he used to hold Lois at night when she had her worst nightmares, only Lois didn't remember any of his nightly tenderness in the morning! frown I so, so hope that things will work out all right for Lois and Clark, just like Aunt Louise promised Clark that it would! (But Clark, you sure put your foot in it here:

They lay there like that for another long moment. "Clark," she started.

"Yes?"

"What did Aunt Louise mean when she said to tell you she was still right?"

He thought for a moment. She wasn't sure if he was trying to remember or come up with some sort of plausible lie.

"Just that someday we'd make it out of where we are now and move on to bigger and better things."
Oh noo!!!! frown Lois, he didn't mean it the way it sounded!!!)

Ann