This year’s grant application was actually going to be fun to write.
This brought a smile to my face. laugh
“He’s suing the government over participation in a project in France. He’s convinced that it’s going to destroy the world.”
Another tie-in to current events!

When France first came up, I had the thought, "I wonder if this has something to do with the LHC?" And then I see you were thinking the same thing, or something similar! thumbsup

For those who don't know, the LHC is the Large Hadron Collider, which is located at CERN, a particle accelerator laboratory straddling the Swiss/French border. The LHC is starting to come up right now, and should start preliminary operations late this year or early next. Someone is suing the US government to stop it, because they're afraid that the LHC will produce mini-black holes that will eat the Earth (something no one in particle physics thinks has any chance of happening).

Anyway, the big picture is starting to come together. I'm looking forward to seeing how Lois and Clark get this all straightened out. Perhaps in tune with the "reality" theme of the story, things won't be tied up so neatly at the end as they usually are. But I hope they are. grovel