Ah Carol, you're breaking my heart- but I think you knew that already, and may even have planned it all along *sigh*

I think it was nice to get into Clark's inner workings in this part. I agree with Ann that the perspective gave us an insight on just how much pressure his life is amassing right now. I'm glad he got some enlightenment about Mayson's desires, and I have a little faith reawakened in the fact that there was a slight realization that she might not have been swayed as forcefully as he'd like... Maybe, just maybe, he will be able to head her off at the pass when she starts her campaign to 'help him' get over Lois. He doesn't need your help, Mayson! *shakes fist*

And now Prof Paul with the sympathy, Linda with the pictures, Mayson with the cleavage, Clark with the nonring, Lois with the stress/jealousy/pessimism, and 'Call me Daniel' with the impending return ( grumble )... What we've got here is a failure to communicate.

And miscommunication between our two favorite characters is indeed the issue - and such a real one at that. From the start, they came at this marriage thing from two different ends, and even though they seemed to be in agreement at the start (expectations wise, I guess) things have evolved, and they need to revisit the issue. Wow, a year has gone by already? What an anniversary.

As far as the letters, they are so bittersweet. I can't imagine Martha's own mindset as she was writing them, preparing her child for a day when she would not be there. Her continuous warning for Clark to 'Guard [his] heart' has me worried. I understand where she's coming from, but I'm scared about what will happen when he decides to actually do that.

Great part- can't wait for more!

~s

October Sands, An Urban Fairy Tale featuring Lois and Clark
"Elastigirl? You married Elastigirl? (sees the kids) And got bizzay!" -- Syndrome, The Incredibles