Another great chapter, Shayne.

I've often wondered how I would react if I found proof that something impossible was true. I hope that I would believe in it if I had proof. Proof is proof. For a long time people believed that the Earth was flat, but then they found better proof that the Earth is round. I hope I would believe in the better evidence, even if it seemed to prove that something "impossible" was true. I don't like inconsistencies, though. So if the Earth is round, then there shouldn't be an edge, an abyss, where the Earth just ends. If I believed that the Earth was flat, and someone showed me proof the the Earth is round - you know, the Earth casts a round shadow on the moon so that it becomes gibbous or looks like a crescent, and tall masts appear on the horizon before the ships that they are "attached to" manage to "climb over" the horizon - and yet someone else showed me that the Earth really has an edge? Then I wouldn't believe the round Earth theory after all. Not if I had seen the edge.

Ah, but Lois hasn't seen the edge. She believed in the equivalent of the flat Earth, and now she has seen proof that it is round. And she hasn't seen an edge. There isn't one, and the Earth is round, and Clark Kent is from another universe, and he can fly. Lois, someone has taught you about the laws of physics, but you have just seen proof that the laws of physics, as they have been described to you, are incompletely understood.

I loved how Lois and Clark connected when they flew - how she liked to be in his arms, how she enjoyed flying, how she noticed how nice he smelled, and how he trusted her and loved to fly with her and share himself with her.

I love how Clark took them to France, so that he could investigate the source of the time storms. I hope he finds the reason for them, and I hope he can close all those open gateways, and I hope he can bring himself and all the passengers from the airplane back to their own reality. And I so hope, of course, that he can bring Lois along.

Ann