Ann - have I mentioned how much I love your feedback?! It's nice to see other people's reactions 'line by line' so to speak [yeah, I know I should do it too - it's what I try to do as a BR - not every line of course, but the thoughts running through my head...] I also think he *knew* how the second fire [and maybe the first one] started, but it's something he can mention in a letter [oh, by the way, my heat vision has been hard to control this week... wink ]. I tried to stick sort of close to canon in the sense that he dated Lana and went to prom with Rachel and Lois dated Joe in her 'date the quarterback' phase.

Elisabeth - I don't think Clark was as much 'with Lana' as going out a few times for lack of anything better to do. He'll tell Lois more about his deal with Rachel later. And you're right - one big reason why he wanted to go to Midwest was because he could live at home and not have to live on campus [like many Universities require for the first couple of years for out of area students]. The commute - if he's careful - won't be hard for him and he doesn't have to worry about roommates.

Amy - don't worry they will wink .

Beth - that would be interesting wouldn't it wink ? Kind of like seeing Lois and Kaylie switch bodies [to steal Terry's idea and push it as my own /me whistles innocently].

Michael - I'm not sure 'engaged' is quite the right word! As this chapter ends they are only 16 and 18 after all! And I think one of them may have been much more serious about the exchange than the other wink . I let you decide which one.

Gr8 - I'm glad that Dec is a good birthday! I'm sure Clark will be happier knowing that something good came out of Dec. 1976!!! Thank you for reading!

Thank you all so much for the feedback! I'm glad you liked it. The letters are a bit different and that worried me a bit, but I didn't want to just have a big long paragraph of 'then Clark started fires then moved to Maisie's then to the Lang's and dated Lana and took Rachel to prom then graduated'. I mean what fun is that wink ?

The next chapter will see the reunion between our two favorite reporter wanna-bes [because that's really all they are at the moment wink ]. From the little bit of speculation here, I'm guessing it's going to throw you guys for a bit of a loop in the sense that you may not see it coming [but not a bad loop - I don't think...].

Chapter 3 has been re-beta'd by Alisha and I'm really dying to post it and 4 is ready for rebetaing since I changed some stuff and Ch. 5 and 6 are done [I think - think I just tweaked a bit here and there] and am reading 7 now, but 8... 8 needs a lot of work. If I can get some of that done tonight [while DH is mowing] then I'll post part 3 early this week. 9 also needs a lot of work. Okay - basically I just convinced myself to consider a 2xs a week posting schedule if I can make any progress on Ch. 8 at all because that gives me two and a half weeks to get 8-9 done. Yeah, yeah, yeah - thinking out loud wink .

Thank you again guys - I appreciate it!
Carol