As you can see from the title, I vote for this as the title.

"I have to go pick up my cheese of the month shipment now." He said it to his wife Lois Lane, and in an apparently well practiced way (they have been married for about 4 years) she told him "Ok, honey, be careful and go pick up your cheese."
Sounds very married to me. How long can that excuse stay with them? lol
My consideration was interrupted by a whooshing sound that I've been told means a superman story is coming in.
By who?
And it dawned on me that it had occurred just as a tall dark and handsome reporter, who was tough enough to survive working with mad-dog Lane, had hustled out (which had happened immediately following the announcement of a 3 alarm fire). And everything became clear.
ohoh, someones not being so careful with their secrets!
It was so obvious: "Clark Kent was S-"

Lois appeared at my shoulder. "Judging by your stricken expression and pale color, you just figured it."
such a quick response, that girl. always on her toes. Does this happen often?
She just revved."
her engine? since when do they allow cars in the newsroom?
Mr. White walked in with a cardboard box wrapped in dull metal foil and closed the door. He took a sheet of paper out of the box and put it in front of me with a pen.
I'm thinking, why would anyone wrap a box in foil if it wasn't red or green for Christmas?
"Official Superman's Secret Form."
Did Constance type it up for them?
"I [print your name] --------- hereby swear never to reveal Superman's secret to those who don't know without appropriate consideration and review; and under no circumstances to those specified to me as restricted. Sign here: "
thats got to be a pretty long list of people who don't know...
You must never, ever, ever tell..." she paused for dramatic effect, "...Clark Kent.
WHAT? why can't he know?
"Clark can't deal with what he is and can do. Clark doesn't know he's Superman and Superman doesn't know he's Clark. They are completely separate minds. It's a form of multiple personality disorder."
I see why now, but how did that happen? I'd love to find out.
"Welcome to the secret."
Sounds like she just joined a secret society, and I guess in a sense, she did!
I said "Hi, Clark." And I went back to work.
And life will never be the same.

Excellent story!

Desiree

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar