Mercy, this is an interesting story so far. But you've set up an unresolvable contradiction with Clark meeting little Kal. How could Clark meet himself at age four and not have it deeply impact his life? And wouldn't that give young Clark more information about his future than he's supposed to have, assuming he remembers and understands much of it? He seems to be a very smart and very perceptive boy.

Unless, of course, we've got two different timelines going on. Or unless little Kal is destined to go back to Kansas just an instant after Tempus grabbed him, and because he wasn't gone very long Jonathan and Martha didn't realize he'd taken such an interesting trip.

And that could set up the reason Clark fell in love with Lois as soon as he saw her. He'd already met her and learned how wonderful her heart really was, because she'd taken such good care of him when he was only four.

I wonder what Lois will tell Henderson. And I wonder if Tempus knows it was Lois who clocked him, and I also wonder just how badly he's hurt. Luthor's in a coma, and Tempus probably has a pretty serious concussion, an injury which may be exacerbated by time travel. He could have a seizure at any moment. What a loss that would be!

I'm looking forward to the next part, Mercy. And I plan to read it as soon as I see it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing