YES!

He's home! And he's met his son! And Lois is overwhelmed to have him back!

Now the hard work starts. Clark has to build up his strength and catch up on the last four years of Lois's life. Lois has to allow Clark time to recover and she has to catch up on the last four years of his life. And they have to figure out how to bring Clark back from the alleged dead.

Wonderful part, Rac! Excellent telling. I liked seeing this from Lois's point of view. Now you get to retell it from Clark's perspective. Or, we'll get to see his initial impressions and the beginning of his recovery from his POV.

And what a view that will be. Lois is a world-renowned author, a Doctor, a highly-respected superheroine who's stopped a genocidal war - something Clark never did - and he'd not going to be Superman for a long while, assuming he does resume that post. He probably won't feel worthy to be her true love. And Lois, despite her experiences in Kinshara, will find it very difficult to understand what he went through on New Krypton. He's probably not going to recover at the rate she'd prefer, and he's going to find it very difficult to be a husband and father for a time.

And he's going to have to come to terms with "abandoning" his son. He didn't, of course, and no one is going to accuse him of doing so (except maybe Lois in a fit of exasperation), but he's going to think so. I can hardly wait for you to deal with that particular emotional porcupine.

You've set the bar pretty high for this story, Rac, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that you'll infuse the remainder of this tale with the same heart-wrenching angst that you've given us so far. I look forward to the next chapter.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing