No towels, I'm afraid... blush wink
What, no pictures of baby Clark in the yellow towel? smile1

“Who is the girl next to him?” Lois asked. “Lily?”

“Yes,” Martha replied with a loving smile towards the old picture. “She loved disguises and made Clark dress up in the most ridiculous ways. He wasn’t always happy with it, but he adored his older cousin and did almost anything for her.”
Aaawww....

Lily’s father managed to show her every single day how unwelcome she was. He read the newspaper and no one was allowed to disturb him. Any word above a whisper was too much. When she came here, it was as if the sun was rising on her face. She was so happy here and it was awful letting her go after a long day out on the fields.”

“That must have been hard. What about your sister? Didn’t she love Lily?” Lois wanted to know.

“I guess she didn’t dare to show her affection. Besides, my sister didn’t get pregnant again. I think she spent more time trying to give her husband the son he had demanded than she had ever had for her daughter.
Oh, poor Lily!

Whenever the youth of Smallville met, Lily was the last to go and Clark had to bring her home. Sometimes she had been sober, at other times wasted. And Clark had always been the one to explain Lily’s sorry state to her parents.
What a great friend he was to her.

But it had been a give and take relationship. Lily had been there for Clark whenever he had needed to be cheered up.

She had been the one who listened to what Clark told her. She defended her younger cousin when someone dared mock him.
How sweet.

in all the two of them had been some kind of old couple, even in their early days of childhood.
Adorable. And so Clark, somehow.

Lois hoped that her role in his life would be equally important someday soon.
Well, Lois, you were born to be more important to him than Lily.

“How bad is it, Lois? I mean, how bad is it really? Clark told me about Child Services. I don’t know if you have already noticed it, but my son is Mr. Understatement. He’d never tell me deliberate lies.
Wow! Clark hasn't told his parents about his problems with the Child Services. Mr. Understatement, indeed. Lois really needs to help him deal with Margaret Donovan.

And he really, really needs Lois to help him with his current predicament as well! Please let Lois figure out that Clark - and Becca!! - are in trouble really soon, Barbara!

Ann