Oh, they were soooo close... and now they're in separate sleeping bags again. <sigh> Three steps forward, four steps back... but I guess life is like that sometimes, eh? Getting married *is* terrifying at times. It's a radical and fundamental life change, stepping out into the unknown. And I know I test my husband sometimes, still. I think of it as pushing on a brick wall. I push, but I don't *want* the wall to fall down -- either away from me (he gives up) or on top of me (he gets angry). I want that wall to be strong enough that I can lean against it sometimes, if I need to. Ya know? Yeah, I'm not sure my hubby gets it either, God bless him goofy

Um, anyway... I liked the discussion about her falling down the stairs and charging back up... not quite sure I get where he was going with that, but I liked it laugh But I guess, emotionally, they might both fall down the stairs again sometime. Maybe Clark's worried about his tendency to retreat and stay there in a heap at the foot of the stairs. Kind of like where he was at the beginning of this story...

Anyway, good section, and now I wanna see the next (last! whinging ) part....

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K