What a woman. Remington thought with a self-satisfied grin. His was truly a remarkable marriage; while most men grew less attracted to their mates, he was only pulled toward her more strongly. Where most men were plagued with constant nagging and bickering, he was blessed with passionate arguments that led to more, amorous, activities later.
He doesn't have much appreciation for wives. Does he?

“Actually it’s funny you should ask” Steele said. A large grin overcoming his, entirely too handsome face, “We’re private in-“

“Insurance salesmen—woman—people.” Laura cut in, giving her counterpart a furious glance “Private insurance sales representatives actually, and there’s a big…uh…um”

“Colloquium” Steele added, catching on. “Yes a gathering, if you will, of the finest minds in personal, private, commerce, and health indemnity. We go every year. Isn’t that right Mrs. Groggins?”

“Groggins?” Lois said, a bit disbelievingly.

“Yes Myrtle Groggins my faithful subordinate, and I’m Anthony Ruggles—assistant secretary general of claims adjustment for Bogart, Peck, and Finney insurance.” He extended his hand politely and Lois shook.
I like the feel of this exchange. Straight out of Remington Steele.

That was back when she was a reputable journalist. Now she was a pathetic shell of her former self, sobbing dejectedly into bowls of high calorie, low nutrition, and fat-filled ice cream—at mid-day no less.
She was? Did I miss something?

Elisabeth