Oh, Smirky. About halfway through I was tempted to call this thread 15 minutes of infamy because of Clark's blunder, but after the end, there's nothing more fitting than AAAAAAARGH. Let's just say that if every chapter was as good as this, you could go for fifty more and I'd eagerly await each one.

Now, to specific stuff. First off, I love how you gave a hint of the old Clark peeking out in his banter with Lois. But then, the part with Clark falling asleep, and then realizing he had the keys to the car, it was such a heavy yet soft WHAM to wonderfully introduce some more relationship angst. I do hope he'll tell her, but he better tell her about California just before he tells her about Superman or else she may not let him get that part in.

Oh, and I thought that part with Lois' introspect was beautiful. It provided a great insight into why Lois still tolerates Clark and in the case of season two of the show, actually can still love him despite his running away without good explanation.

Then comes the true AAARGH. Lex is EVIL. Now Lex knows that she knows. Superman better be back to full strength soon.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.