Great part, Barbara!

Even after re-reading part 4, I was just a tad bit confused about why Clark would think Lois would be upset. Was he worried that he hadn’t told her that he was Superman?

The problem was that he really should mention this.
That the meteorite was really a spaceship??

Betrayal?

Though he hadn’t thought that possible, Clark had recognized one of the men from the other night in the victim. The man had been killed when he had been unconscious. And Clark hadn’t told Lois about this; he hadn’t told her that he knew the victim.
Maybe I’m just tired, but remind me...

Oooh... Ryan Northwood. The mystery increases.
But she looked absolutely happy and Clark was grateful to be greeted by this kind of expression. It cheered him up like even watching Lois hadn’t been able to.
Aww...

But there she was again, the terrible Mrs. Edwards.
Mean lady... razz

Clark mused that the incident with the policemen on the night of Lily’s death was one of the major reasons why the Child Services were watching him so closely.
Oooohh... Tell me, tell me!

Lap Dog Lane
rotflol

Clark hoped that Child Services would leave them alone some day soon.
Oh, I hope so, too!!

“Why did I have to lie to her, Daddy? I already know the answer, it’s *No*, anyway.” Becca asked sadly as she strolled over to him after she had said good-bye to her friends.
Awww.... Poor Becca!

“I don’t really want Anna to see the lady,” Becca said. “I didn’t like the way the last one looked at me when I told her that I sleep in your bed sometimes. She even asked me if you touch me and where you do that. It was kind of silly.”

“She asked you where I touch you?” Clark asked hoarsely.
Poor Clark!

She shrugged. “I thought you’d listen in, anyway.”

Clark cracked a weak smile. “You had to know that I wouldn’t, pumpkin.”
Oh, wow, I can hardly believe he’s not listening in when those ‘nice ladies’ are talking to his daughter.

“What’s this about, Daddy? It has to be something awful,” Becca whispered and sat down beside him. “What’s so bad about you touching me?”

“I can’t convince you to forget about that question until you’re older, can I?”
Oh, poor Clark!

Clark watched Becca’s expression trying to find out if there was anything else she wanted to know.
Umm... Yeah, Clark. Maybe you need to tell her just where she shouldn’t be touched. Great job with that talk!

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~