I don't get why you have Clark so worried about CSD? Is that an East Coast thing?
“Clark Kent?” the woman asked, icily. Her voice indicated that she wasn’t sure whether the man in front of her was really the right one. What did she expect? That he would be greeting her with a knife rather than just his hand? That he had tattoos all over his body or that the word dangerous was written on his forehead? He knew that she was one of those ladies from the Child Services that were visiting him with a frustrating frequency.

“Yes,” he replied with a forced smile and held out his hand.

“I’m here because of Rebecca Kent,” the woman said. She didn’t take his hand, she didn’t introduce herself, she just watched him like he was a particularly ugly piece of mud.

Clark couldn’t think of a single one of those ladies who had been unfriendlier than her. It looked like New Troy had already heard of him and had sent its worst watchdog. Clark tried to ignore her contemptuous expression, and forced himself to keep smiling. He failed.
In my part of the world CSD is not very powerful and frankly often ineffective in doing what they are charged with doing, protecting Children.

Framework4