But she could not allow this. She pulled every ounce of her Mad-Dog Lois Lane persona together and leaned forward. Her expression was terrifying even as her eyes were stained from tears of inner torment—or perhaps even more so. She was drawing the line here, if she had to use this little doctor’s blood to mark its place.
OH! That just meow! I love the description of her Maddogness coming out and the limit she so desperatley drew hoping she could win another small battle.

They called to her, told her she needed to stand—that they were taking Superman back to the white room. She didn’t hear them, only felt the cruel hands that tried to pry her away from him—the only other living being in this vague and faded world. She fought, but it was weak and animalic—without skill or even logical goal, and they easily overcame her. They held her back from Superman as they wheeled the bed in front of her, and her legs moved mechanically—though she leaned unconsciously forward so that the guard was half-carrying her as they stepped out the door, down the hall, and into the white room.

All she had eyes for was him.
Wow, that got me.
Will they win the war in the next chapter????

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.