Oh my, this one was really a roller-coaster... you're breaking my heart all over again, Leela! But I'll try to focus on the idea that Lois is opening up to the idea of maybe someday opening up to Clark...

Horrible nightmare. I feel so awful for Clark, overhearing that much... but I was worried at first that she'd have been projecting, and he could have seen *exactly* what she was afraid of. That would have hurt him far worse.

I wonder if Lois was also thinking about their experience when Clark had amnesia -- it was awful and traumatic, but it did end up with them on better terms, somewhat.

I'm glad she woke up and was able to be civil, at least... and they're still on for Saturday. I really like this Lana, too -- in stark contrast to how she is in some other fanfics wink Can't wait for the non-date for the wedding!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K