It's interesting that several people have commented that Wanda/Lois forgives Kal-El/Superman too easily. I don't think she's forgiven him at all. She's simply reacting to an extremely stressful and emotional situation (her returning memories) slammed on top of another extremely stressful and emotional situation (being marooned in a different dimension). I don't think their relationship and their situation is anywhere near resolution yet.

And I like the way Clark is taking charge of the Zara/Ching fostering situation. But this situation may be fraught with danger in and of itself. I don't believe US law would support fostering, so from a legal perspective it will have to be treated as an adoption, even if Ching and Zara don't look at it that way. And if they come back to take their twelve-year-old child to New Krypton with them, wouldn't that create even more problems, both legal and personal? Just look how culturally acclimated Clark and Kal-El both are. Neither one of them really behave like Kryptonians, and raising a baby to early adolescence in the US would make it almost impossible to re-integrate the child to Kryptonian society. There's a lot you haven't told us yet, and I'm afraid some explosions are due.

Keep it coming! This is a good story, and I really like the way you're handling the Kal-El/Lois storyline.

Oh, Lois, anyone would be galactically stupid with some of his or her memories erased (or, in this case, maybe they were just hidden?) for reasons I've never been able to fathom. (I wrote about this situation in an essay titled "Identity Crisis Unraveled" which I know some of you read.) Like Clark, I think that taking someone's memories away is a very bad thing to do, and Kal is going to have to show some real change. I just hope he grows up a bit in this universe.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing