How did Sunday know that Lois was pregnant? Well, he's not really from this world, so why shouldn't he be able to know? And then, why do you think were Lois and Clark able to get rid of him? Star told us that you need something you love, something that's precious to you. ( I won't check if she actually said just that, I don't know the original version of LnC)
I can't think of anything more precious to them than the living symbol of their love.

And why did this story end suddenly? I wanted to write something WAFFy, explaining a bit more about the baby. But when I came to the end, I decided to leave it to your imagination.

Like Ann said above, what I think is not necessarily what you think about it. When I saw your suggestions and those of my beta-reader, I noticed that my ideas were a bit different. Particularly those ideas dealing with the reality and non-reality of the events in that story.
And I didn't want to be too precise about the way of Lois conceiving Clark's child. That doesn't mean I don't know how she could get pregnant, though the scientists said she wouldn't have his child.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool