I meant safely land with Lois. But the longer he flies and he is injured the more chance there is of hurting Lois. But that's just my observation. I'm not writing the story. And since she already has a phone (She called Martha and Jonathan after all.) she could just call '911'. That's the emergency services number for most places in the US. (That's why September 11, 2001 is now called 911 for short. It's a play on words.) 911 existed in Metropolis in the LnC universe. It would not be out of line with LnC canon to have Superman go to the hospital. Lois actually called an ambulance for Superman once while he was at Clark's apartment. But like I said, I'm not writing the story. I'm just making an observation.

I didn't read it that you meant it was a short distance. Saying that they needed to get to the other side of Metropolis to me would mean miles. Think New York City. If you were on one side of the city and wanted to get to the other, it would be many miles. Metropolis is supposed to be at least as big as New York City, and New York City is bigger than some countries. That's what threw me off - sorry. I do like it that they landed in their yard, the distance just made me misunderstand.

Lara noted:
People aren't supposed to know that he's vulnerable to Kryptonite and just imagine if that got out that Superman isn't 'super' anymore...
While that's generally true, when he was taken to the hospital in LnC it was because of kryptonite. His medical records would be sealed up tighter than a psychiatric patient's would be. In the States, if you are a doctor, nurse, or other medical type person, you can lose your licence, in some cases be charged with a felony, go to jail, open yourself and co-workers up to a lawsuit for saying what's in someone's medical record. True, in certain instances the courts can get them, but they have to have a darn good reason. It's not as easy as they make it look on TV. If I ever even suspected that a co-worker had given out sensitive information on a patient, then I would report it. I've been a nurse for 27 years and have seen something serious like this happen twice. Both times, the people were sued and nearly lost their licences. So Superman going to the hospital would NOT be a problem. I don't know, maybe emergency response is different in the States. I have heard that it is. In a city like Metropolis, even in the mid-90's an ambulance or police would have arrived fairly quickly - especially due to a gun shot wound.

Anyway, when it comes to medical stuff, I guess I'm just too picky. Ignore me.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~