OMG! I LOVE YOUR STORY! That's absolutely brilliant! That part was definitely worth the week wait.

Clark felt a muscle in his jaw twitch. “I’ve always helped out when and where I could.”

There, was that vague enough for you, Lois?

“But where have you been?” she persisted.

It was all he could do to keep from grabbing her and tossing her into another dumpster. Really, that had been one of his more brilliant moments, all things considered. “Nowhere, Miss Lane. I’ve been nowhere.”

Some hack from Nowheresville…

“Nice place to visit,” Lois said, her mouth turning up a little at the corners, “but I wouldn’t want to live there.”

So far I’ve been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents…

The assembled press tittered a little, even as they looked at Lois in confusion.

“Fortunately,” Superman said coldly, “you don’t have to.” He watched just long enough to see her react and then looked away. “That’s all for today. If you’ll excuse me.”
Very good skirmish! I love the way that Lois try to grill Superman, and I love even more that he's so angry that he spoke not so nicely to Lois in front of all the reporters, even though he is in Superman persona. I love it when he acts less nicely than it is his habits in other fanfics.

He wasn’t sure of the exact moment when that had changed, when he’d stopped seeing the potential in the women he met. Now he divided women into one of two clear categories: A woman either was Lois Lane, or she wasn’t. None of the not-Lois’s could cause his heart to pound and his palms to sweat. None of the not-Lois’s could draw his eyes across a crowded room. None of the not-Lois’s could rip his heart from his chest and still have him craving her like a drug. And none could make him behave so very badly in front of a crowd of reporters.
How sweet. He's so in love with her, and you described his feelings very well.

“Like talking to me?” she asked.

“Like attending Perry’s party tonight,” he corrected. “Like clearing Jack’s name and seeing to it that Luthor gets what’s coming to him.”

“We need to talk about that, too,” Lois said. “You going to invite me in?”

“I hadn’t planned to, no.”
I love that dialogue! Especially the way Clark respond to Lois.

You know, you should think about sulking professionally, Clark. You’ve got a real knack for it.”

“I’ll consider it,”
LOL clap mecry Oh God! you painted so well the depth of his love for her and the depth of his hurt that I could cry for him.

“Well why don’t you tell me how you meant it, because it sure sounded like saving my life has been a real inconvenience to you.”

“No,” he said. “No. Of course that’s not what I meant. It’s just…you scare me to death with the risks you take.
And Clark is doubting that's love what he felt? You're an idiot, Clark. It's just obvious how much you're in love!

He shook his head. “You know, what’s funny is that you probably believe that. Lois, you wouldn’t know a crazy risk if it jumped out and bit you – and it usually does! It always seems perfectly rational to you at the time. It’s only when you’ve been thrown off the building and are half-way to the ground that you start to think that whatever hare-brained scheme you’ve hatched just might not have been such a good idea.”
rotflol The better thing is that Clark is right! But I didn't think he could tell her so boldly one day.

“You’re being stalked by a sociopath, Lois. I don’t know how to make you feel better about that.”
Oh! I always appreciate a sarcastic Clark! laugh

His voice was laced with steel when he issued his ultimatum: “Lois, either you stay with my parents while we investigate Luthor, or I fly out of here tonight and leave you to him. If I were you, I’d consider this decision very carefully.”

Her eyes narrowed. “You wouldn’t do that.”

He leaned forward and stared right into her eyes. “Just watch me,” he said softly.
Oh! That just gets better and better!

She blinked first, and her eyes suddenly filled with tears. “I hate you, Clark Kent.”

He sighed, awash in a mixture of pain and relief. “Thank you, Lois. I’m going to do my best to make sure you can continue hating me for years to come.”
A very good sentence to finish the part, it made me want more! laugh

So, you just have to come bak and post the next chapter soon.