Again, I have to say I'm blown away by the feedback here — you guys are amazing. Thank you for reading, and for all your comments. As I've said in a previous response to feedback, I know we're all here to read about Clark and Lois. There won't be much of a reciprocation from Clark, if any. Our two beloved intrepid reporters belong together, and I never intend to mess with that; I've just always been so drawn to Mayson and the whole unrequited love theme.

Onaleia, thank you for your kind words — I'm delighted you've found more in this story than you expected! When I first started writing it, I thought it was a one-off and there'd be nothing else to explore. Was I ever wrong. And, I do plan on tying in an explanation for Mayon's dislike of Superman in the next chapter! smile1

Ann, as usual, your in-depth FDK just leaves me amazed. The nuances you catch and the things you infer ... oh, wow. A lot of your questions hadn't even *consciously* crossed my mind, and then I go back and read my story and realize, !!! Ann's read so much more into that than I ever intended on the surface — she's seen layers where I hadn't even thought they existed! So then, naturally, I have to try and answer said questions in the next chapter! Seriously, Ann, thank you. Oh, and you don't have to worry about the whole Mayson-gets-pregnant storyline, at least from me. I'm more than happy to leave Lois and Clark to their happiness, and Mayson forever lingering in an angst-filled kind of half-existence, forever lovelorn. Which is admittedly mean, because I do love her as a character, but still. She and Clark just aren't meant to be.

SJH, thanks for reading, and for your comments. You're right — Clark and Lois are together (well, eventually, anyway, if not in this immediate storyline). So any potential relationship with Clark is definitely only in Mayson's dreams.

Shelia, thanks for reading! And no worries — I can't do a story where Lois and Clark aren't ultimately together, either. I just wanted to take Mayson's character to a different place than we've normally seen her.

Catherine, thank you so much for your comments! I'm so glad you're enjoying this. (I'm such a huge sucker for the woe factor, too!)

Crazy_Babe, thanks for the comments and your kind words! And yes, for me, it's definitely about Clark and Lois, not Clark and Mayson. I'm still brainstorming a bit, but I think Lois will be incorporated much more in future posts. Also, hopefully the next chapter will shine some light on Mayson's hostility toward Superman.

Maria, thank you for reading, even though you're not a fan of Mayson's! I appreciate the lovely feedback and your patience with this story. smile

Again, I hope I'm not sounding like the proverbial broken record when I say thank you all for reading, and for all your comments. It's what makes posting on these boards so fulfilling and inspiring.

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien