I'm dying to know who sent that pic to Lois, Mayson doesn't seem far enough around the bend yet not to realize how deeply creepy it is, and the envelope didn't have enough spit stains for something that she had to write Lois's name on.

Mayson, scribbling with the tip of her tongue caught between her teeth: To Lois *ptoo ptoo ptoo!* Lane *ptoo ptoo ptoo!*
Lois: Why is this envelope dripping??

I'm thinking someone in the DA's office is either trying to warn Lois or undermine Mayson's credibility, possibly both.

Also, I can't believe Clark sprinkled himself with cat hair. That has got to be harder and more complicated than fessing up. He needs to be careful, that's not a spur of the moment 'blurted something out because I was in a hurry' lie, that's the kind of calculated thought-out thing that's more likely to have Lois hunting up a shard of Kryptonite later.

I'm really enjoying Lois and Clark's leisurely waltz toward open romance and Mayson's accelerating slide into a bin of bulk nuts, thanks for the chapter! grin

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather