This story is great!

X shook his head. "I can't afford not to. You'll learn to do the same, in time. For all I know, this child could be a king, or prince, or other dignitary. No," he said, shaking his head again. "I won't risk not treating this child as though he were truly important."
Lord Kal-El.

Hell, if Edison hadn't landed on Earth when he did, the planet might never have figured out how to harness the power of electricity. They'd still be living in the dark, literally.
I read the earlier version, and I have to say that Einstein works as an alien, too. It would definitely explain the hair. rotflol

Zed knew he was right. There was always some substance out there that could bring down any alien on the planet. An allergy to sapphires, a tendency to melt when hit with salt water, plasma guns, sunlight, blowtorches, even ordinary bullets, in some cases. Clark Kent, though still of an unknown planet, was no different. He would have a weakness. They just hadn't discovered it. Yet.

So ... vampires are aliens? Does the sunlight destroy them, or just make them sparkle?

This story just begs for a sequel.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland