Martha is out of intensive care, worrying others more simply because she will not stay still, will not stop trying to get up to go see Jonathan, rather than because she is not recovering.

That's our Martha!

And James wins the argument as simply as that,

Ha!

If any danger is to come to this small, struggling family, it will not be because of her.

I think I just saw Lex raise his hand to volunteer.

It shouldn’t be this hard to push in the code Jonathan showed her and then step inside the elevator, but then, it shouldn’t be possible for her to be in Clark’s home by invitation either, so clearly the world is full of impossibilities.

Tending the garden, methinks (mehopes).

“You’re Lois Lane,” she whispers to herself,

Exactly!

His gaze moves from one planter to another.

As if he didn't already love her. smile

“He hates when he loses crops.”

laugh

Lois thinks she will be the first person to actually spontaneously combust.

grin

But then, as always, Superman is needed.

Recharged though, in only the way that Lois and something normal, like gardening, can do.

It is a new beginning.

love

Even after Trask, even after Smallville, even after Jonathan’s rising and falling voice in her ear, she has never realized (perhaps never let herself realize) just what fears a young Clark might have grown up with.

Great point.

“What about you, Lois? Aside from picking up farming, how many award-winning articles have you written today?”

smile

“But…sometimes I miss reading your articles. Miss getting to edit them over your shoulder.”

Awww...

“Stop forgiving me instead of hating me.”

whinging

She is not quite sure how, cannot really explain it, but he makes her feel as if she is appreciated, valued, respected.

One word. Four letters. Begins with L.

She cannot understand him, but she doesn’t need to understand him to love him.

Aaaaaaaand....melt.

Okay, now you have me crying with happiness. You're going to make me make a run to my local wholesale club for tissues! I'm so relieved to see them making some headway in returning to the people they once were - both still scarred in their own ways, but both reclaiming their lives.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon