Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I was waaaaaay into Star Wars before Episode 1 came out and ruined everything. Since then, I've been a luke-warm fan. I just can't bring myself to be into it any more. Against my better judgement, though, that trailer got my hopes up. It looks awesome. I'm still wary because I've been burnt before, but at least Disney and JJ Abrams have good track records. I'm trying and failing to be not excited.
Like with all the debate about the upcoming Batman / Superman movie, I'm trying not to read any of what's announced (guessed at) online, because I want to see it with as little bias as possible. The EVERY DAY announcements on these movies (and the upcoming Marvel ones) feel like PR machine overkill, trying to keep their films in everyone's mind. I'm finding it quite annoying. I agree with you, Mrs. M., the new movies aren't worth watching. I let my kids see the "Clone Wars" cartoon show, but refuse to let them see Episodes 1-3 (or even the CGI'd edit of Episodes 4-6). They love the original Star Wars movies, so why crush their hearts? (BTW: My son was absolutely adorable as Luke this year for Halloween.)

Does anyone remember back in the day when movies used to come out and they were a surprise? Then they stayed in the theatre for 6-8 months because people would go back again and again to see them? Sigh. Although, now that I can hardly afford to go to the cinema but twice a year, it's nice that movies come out on DVD much more quickly than they used to onto VHS. LOL.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.