First chance to hop on the boards (and comment) with the new look, so I hope I'm doing this right....

I agree that that's the trend, and although social media might have something to do with that, I think it's less about telling everyone everything and more about the ratings. I mean, think about how action movies in general have changed over the years. It used to be a fight scene would make an action movie, and now if an action film doesn't end with a semi-apocalyptic wasteland then it's disappointing to the fans. Our level of shock factor has increased over the years, therefore more shark-jumping needs to be done to keep audiences on their toes. That's why the reveal is always a good bit-- it's a secret identity, no one should know about it, so when someone does actually find out, the audience doesn't expect it. The same, of course, goes for the opposite though, because when everybody kinda knows, it's just cheesy. Which is also the screw-it-I'm-Ironman bit worked too, because no one expected it still. It's all about pulling one over on your audience as long as you can.

Just my two cents. :p

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain