CA,

I'm late to the party but I found this on Anne's Place last night and downloaded it because I loved Yaz. I noticed the same thing about the song's arrangement that the others did (and I'm showing my age, huh?). I even dug out the cassette tape (more aging) to play it and make sure I wasn't losing my mind. <g> Anyway, I have to say I love this version best - the orchestration just sweeps you along.

And now a confession - I bet I've watched this at least ten or more times since last night. Partly it was because I was digging the song itself. Mostly it was because you so perfectly matched it to the LnC universe.

Some examples:

Looking from a window above - with that great shot for BGDF. <sigh>

Can you hear me - same thing <sniffle>

Came back only yesterday - scene from LofF was PERFECT!

Okay, actually, I could continue like this for the whole FREAKIN' SONG! So, since I'm meant to be working, I'll just hit a few of the others that actually made me gasp at how perfect they were:

Love the scenes from HIWTHI tied to All I needed was the love you gave

And all I ever knew - with that first intense come hither look that he gave her in the Pilot? <shivers> and then, on the second refrain, with Superman giving her almost the exact same look - genius! And I loved that you returned to scenes from the Pilot each time the line repeated. Wow.

I love how the video tracked through their entire relationship.

When it's only a game - with Lois pretending that Clark isn't there (one of my all time favorite moments on the show, too. It's just flat-out funny to me.)

This is going to take a long time - with her refusing his proposal - more genius!

Just the touch of your hand - poor AltClark

Behind a closed door - love that scene in The Phoenix

And then, to end it on that kiss from BGDF.

I bow before your genius. hail Love the song (even more than when I was 15) and love, love, love the video.

Sue

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis