Excellent, Shayne. You always do best when you explore complex social and/or psychological issues, and this is shaping up to be one of your classic fics.

Clark, I think, shows great courage in telling Lois these things. I know his defences are laid low by his injuries, and so it's more natural for him to want to confide in someone, but still - he's telling her a lot of very private, personal details that can't be easy for him to talk about. Well done, Clark, and well done, Shayne, for making this conversation so believable.

Lois is doing just fine. Of course she doesn't see things quite the way we do - we have the benefit of sitting on the outside of the story, whereas she's right in the middle of it. It's difficult to have 20/20 vision when you're distracted by so many things, including your own emotional baggage. She's getting there, though, which is exactly what I'd expect of her.

So will Clark make the final revelation to Lois now? Will he feel so exposed by Hunt's threats that he turns to her for help and support?

I can't wait to find out!

Yvonne