I've decided there's nothing clever about this thing - it spins one way for a while, then it goes the other way for a while - and someone's having a laugh at our expense!
Hmm... I think I agree. I’ve seen her go both ways.

I don’t think right handedness or left handedness has to do with left brained or right brained so to say. I’m right handed AND I’m right brained (or so I’ve been told). I’m mostly seeing her going clockwise, but I’ve also see her go the other way. I’m like great shades... I think they are trying to fool us. I think I can get the dancer to change directions, but I’m not sure if I’m doing it... or it’s just a coincidence.

It would never change while I was watching it, only when I was indirectly looking at it.
Hey, that’s it!

Well, at first, I seemed to be able to make her change quite quickly. Now she’s firmly stuck on clockwise.

Does anyone else find it funny that the original article claimed that most of us see this spinning counter-clockwise and yet we seem to be emphatically clockwise?
Creative people here...

GAH! Now she's turning counter-clockwise, and I can't make her change anymore. But then, when I first got here, I was on a site with lots of patterns and images which sparked my imagination and creativity (right brain function). When I came back (after posting), I used my (foreign!) language skills for typing (left brain function). I wonder if there is a connection?
I think you may have a good point, Mellie.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~