When I first looked at it, it was spinning clockwise, but when I scrolled down and looked away and then came back, it was spinning counter-clockwise. I tried changing it while I looked at it, but it didn't work. However, if I looked away and pictured it going the other direction, that was the direction it would be going when I looked back. I noticed that when she appears to be going clockwise, her heel touches her shadow with her toe facing away from us, but when she's going counter-clockwise, her toe is toward us when her heel touches down, so it's obviously a matter of perception.

How do you change it at will? One direction, she appears to be extending her left leg, and the other direction, she appears to be extending her right, so think about changing her to the opposite leg. My grand-daughter saw her swiveling back and forth for a moment, rather than making complete circles, so she reached the point where she saw the dancer going either way, which is what I have noticed on other silhouettes where you can't tell if the figure is facing you or facing away.

BTW, I'm right-handed in most gross motor activities and left-handed in most fine motor, and whenever I've taken a right-left-brain test, I've always tested almost dead even. Probably why I love English AND math.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/