Like has been mentioned I was very tense and on edge this whole segment, but what really got me in the back of my mind was that Superman is running around this neighborhood picking up little kids in a barrowed bathrobe...unless I read it wrong. Gonna have to go back and check.

Yep! even Jake mentioned it.

Okay I want to point out some really good lines here and try to explain why I liked 'em

My cheeks flushed red. This was *my* kid. I was dressed and healthy, and Superman was more willing to save her than I was. God.
Geez what a huge revelation for this father, seriously, that had to cut straight to his heart, but I felt like he was just being practical too...he had a little one attached to his leg, how's he gonna climb like that...and yet, the guilt was there. Ohhhh! he needs to get his heart back.

"Claire says he likes fruit!"

Superman didn't miss a beat. "Well, that's a special cat right there. Do you keep any fruit in your kitchen?"
"Superman didn't miss a beat." Just that. All the little details, all the experiences of his rescues...you've just really made this story so personable<if this is the right word>I just get this "wow! what a freaking awesome detail" shockfeeling when I read this.

Keep 'em coming! Reading and loving what I'm reading! thumbsup clap

TEEEEEJ