WIth you there, Laura.

But it wouldn't be right for the story for her not to have that deep seated aversion to the physical expression.

As a mother, I can tell you that my body responds to a baby's cry far differently now than it ever did. It's the conditioning from experience. If I hear a baby now, I feel my body starting to make a little milk (even though my 22month hardly nurses anymore). Formerly, I used to feel annoyance :-)

Her body will respond in familiar ways to her to familiar stimuli, and it just will take a lot of time, and redefinition of the neural pathways in order to be comfortable that way.

That means holding hands is an excellent first contact.
(imho. I'm not in any way a therapist. I'm a techie geek. But I'm also a life long observer of the human condition)

Originally posted by Laurach:
Wow they made some progres. I wish she weren't so afraid of him physically. How do rape victims get over something like that. Will she just have to be strong enough to take a first big step. what if she touches his hand or something. Maybe she'll get a totally different vibe then what she fears she will get. I am so into this story. I also loved the internal dialogue. Great job Leela. I hope you post more soon. Laura

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence