I was at school my junior year of high school--it was 1st period (Washington state, so PST) and I remember instead of having class like normal, we all went over to the classroom across the hall because they had a TV set up and we crowded in there to watch. It was very surreal--I don't know how much I really understood of what was going on. I think we saw the second one hit while we were watching . . .

My mom's second cousins were a bit more worried--one of her relatives worked at the Pentagon, but thankfully he was in a totally different area from the one that was hit, so he was unharmed. It was awhile before they heard from him though, so there was quite a bit of worry there.

Last Sunday night I got to sing in a choir for a concert that commemorates 9/11 annually (normally we sing ON the 11th, but this year it didn't work out that way), which was really neat. They extend the concert's theme now to honor servicemen of the military and of the civil services (police, firefighters, etc.) who've gone above and beyond the call of duty. It's very inspiring.

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.