Roasted Lex for dinner?
Lex's toasty loafers
Fried Luthor. Yes!
I'm all for fried Luthor, too!!
crispy Lex kebabs?
You are a bloodthirsty lot, aren't you? goofy

So... will Lex suffer a hot and fiery fate, or not? [Linked Image]

Sara suspects not:

He only *smells* smoke. We don't know at all how widespread the fire is. He doesn't *need* to die (as much as we'd all love for that to happen ) because L&C *and* Henderson have plenty of evidence against him.<snip>

That would be just like Clark, too. Save the bad guy so he can go behind bars.
On the other hand, Janet has a different theory:

I thought that at first, too, Sara, that it was Superman... but he and Lois agreed that Superman couldn't go breaking and entering. Then I thought, oh, hey! maybe Clark saw Lex... but no, he wasn't looking for Lex; they need to get more dirt on Lex first, and apprehending him on a simple breaking and entering wouldn't get them anywhere. They need to catch him at or prove his involvement with cold blooded murder, or something similar. THEN I thought-- what if it's the Toasters? Don't they torch places using those flame thrower things (sorry to get so technical )? I'm wondering if those fire starter thingies go "whoosh"? How about it, Wendy, do they??
LOL! All I'm going to say here is that one of you is right. As to which... no comment. RAFO! laugh

And, Janet, once more you made me blush Thank you for the wonderful compliments!

this was more of the stuff I like so much about your writing, good stories with intriguing plots, and super-believable characters
You're welcome to visit my feedback folder any time! Thank you!! hail And I'm particularly delighted that you picked this out as worthy of comment:

Yet you have to wonder: given how totally driven Lois is about the investigations, wouldn't she be tempted to cut those corners a bit? Cut 'em a bit too fine? I've always thought that once you cut that first corner, look the other way, it becomes easier and easier to do it again... and again... You echoed that belief in this section, Wendy. Clark very humanly wonders aloud about whether it would be a good idea, this one time; and Lois shows again why he's right about her by acting as his conscience. I'm saying this clumsily, but this is a very subtle example of exactly why Clark loves her so much, believes so strongly in her worth.
You put this so eloquently and so thoughtfully, Janet, that I wonder why you're not writing yourself. You have such a great handle on the characters and a very articulate way of expressing yourself. Thank you again! smile

Okay, part 26 coming up very soon!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*