Okay, writers and readers! Time to get your love on!

I was just having a discussion with Mrs. Luthor about how to show tone in a story. I showed her how I imply tone through use of dialogue tags and action, just by writing "I love you" in three different ways:

1. "I love you, too," Lois murmured, running her fingers down Clark's chest.

2. "I love you, too," Lois snapped, turning on her heel and marching from the office.

3. "I. Love. You. Lunkhead," Lois said, enunciating every word, especially the last.

Then, I wondered, how many ways there were to convey that one phrase, or emotion, in writing? So, here's my challenge:

How many ways can Lois and Clark say "I love you"?

Rules:

1. In one sentence (or short paragraph) convey the phrase "I love you" from either Lois to Clark or vice versa.

2. It cannot be duplicated in reverse, (as in "I love you, Lois," Clark said. AND "I love you, Clark," Lois said. Those two would be considered ONE answer.)

3. a)If you can, try to use the phrase "I love you" without adding more than one extra word of dialogue (excluding names). For example, above I added "too" and "lunkhead" as my one extra word.
3. b)Lois and Clark can express other emotions besides love, but in that case they MUST say the words "I love you" as their dialogue.
3. c)You may use *other* words, but *only* if the end result has the reader believing that they really do love one another.

EXCEPTIONS TO RULE #3:
4. a) Feel free to quote a line from canon (but please reference the episode).
4. b) If you quote your favorite line from a FanFic story, please also note the author's name and story title. (A link to the story would be a nice bonus too.)

(Labrat, if this is more FanFic Related, please move this thread there)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.