Just to make a few more comments before I make myself scarce. I won't be commenting too much over the next couple of weeks as I need to do a lot of work (yeah, that RL getting in the way again) before paternity leave (we have a baby daughter due July 11), though I'll try to slip in some comments every once in a while.

Isn't this BatP/HoL arch fun?
Yes, it is. As I mentioned earlier, I've got a couple of WIPs with one of them being in this arc, the other being in season two sometime. I may take you up on that beta reading offer you made, Missy, though I won't likely get to any more writing for a few weeks yet. (I'll keep commenting on your story, too. If I didn't keep doing that, you might miss those novels I write for comments. Somebody's got to keep an eye on your Lois. wink )

I loved your creative use of getting Clark out of the cage
And such a quick and nifty solution to get out of the cage. Nicely done! And LOL to Missy's comment
Thanks Missy and Kathy. The empty suit will be making a re-appearance in one of my WIPs, though not quite in the same way. My WIP is where I got that inspiration from. As I said when I volunteered, I had a few ideas I wanted to test drive.
That was brilliant - brings back flashes of the Wizard of Oz -- 'I'm melting!!!
I did actually have a few homages in this story, though they might be really tough to pick out.

- The empty suit was an homage to Star Wars where good Jedi Masters disappear into thin air when they die. But the Wizard of Oz works pretty well, too. Maybe better, because Yoda's clothes disappeared, though Obi-wan's didn't.

- A Trip to Paris is a dance created from the period of the English Regency (circa 1790-1820 England, post-Georgian, pre-Victorian). I've always enjoyed these types of dances (waltzing and country dancing). I doubt anybody who hasn't done this type of dancing would know it. I've been known to do a pretty mean waltz from time to time.

- "Fifteen Minutes" was an homage to The Music Man, where Harold Hill tells Marian Paroo that it's taken her too long to get to the footbridge with a man. He reminds her twice to meet him at the footbridge with the prompt, "Fifteen minutes."

You've taken us on a real roller coaster ride here, haven't you? Up and down Lois' thoughts about Clark, about Lex. I didn't know which way she was going to turn from one minute to the next.
Thanks. That's exactly what I was going for. Lois is very, very confused and doesn't know herself which way she's going to be going from one minute to the next. She keeps bouncing back and forth between Clark and Lex. Her heart repeatedly takes her to Clark, but her mind keeps bouncing her back to Lex.

Having Lois thinking thoughts like this is not starting to fix things between Lois and Clark, Roger.
My goal within this portion of the story was, as Tank put it, to start Lois on her road to redemption. Tank's portion tore them "irreparably" apart. I took my task as beginning the journey back towards each other. Lois has figured out finally that is isn't all Clark's fault, so she's warming back up to Clark. If only her darned fears of intimacy didn't keep kicking in. It was too early for a quick fix to put them back together. In the actual arc, Lois didn't realize she loved Clark until the very end. I tried to stay true to that. Besides, the next writer has to have something to do. dizzy shock Lex to see if she liked it (sorta like Missy did with her story). I decided at the last minute it was too far out of character for Lois to do that.

So in the end, my goals were to dig them in a little deeper in some ways, but to lay the groundwork for their reconciliation. That has to start with Lois since she's the unforgiving one. And I wanted Lois to start suspecting Luthor. I hated that in the arc, Lois never suspected a thing.

As for the trip to Paris, I didn't go into a whole lot of detail, doing only one scene of dialog because I figured too much of Paris between Lois and Lex would be too much for people to stomach. I sure couldn't, so I did most of it as an overview, rather than in actual scenes. Another reason was that this part was already up to 26K, the size of a fairly large vignette. Maybe I should have done at least one argument between the two, but I did lay the groundwork for another potential argument. I know Kathy would have liked to see the argument over the hair. Sorry, maybe I'll add to it if I have the time.

Thanks Missy, Kathy, Maria, and metwin1 for commenting.

metwin1, good luck on Part 7.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin