Wendy, lovely waffy story.

I have to admit that I love it when Lois and Clark are talking together, working out their problems, rather than making erroneous assumptions.

And our favourite couple were talking: Lois letting Clark (and herself) know what motivated her meaningless dates, and Clark letting Lois know, very clearly, how he feels, but that he also has a life. Good for you, Clark.

Sometimes, I think that what Lois believes is control of her life is really Lois making a victim of herself. In this story, she really takes control when she admits that she wants Clark and that she doesn't have to be in control. Good for you, Lois.

The most fun lines are
She freed one hand and reached out to touch the blue Spandex revealed beneath his shirt. “If I had a plate of boeuf bourguignon here, you’d be wearing it, Kent!” she told him, her voice shaky.

His laughter in response was rich, warm and entirely Clark. “But you do have half a cup of hot chocolate...” he pointed out.

“That’s too good to waste,” she objected.
Sorry I'm not original about this, but all I have to say is: Smart Lois. She knows where her priorities lie.

Thanks for a good read,
gerry