Nah-ah - this is not happening. This story is not going into the old topics-section before this little bird gets to fly down, drop the fish, and say/squeak about how extremely and truly impressed I am!!

If I could write like this, I'd be the happiest bird of the entire sky, in every universe laugh

First of all, I just loved that you did this from Perry's point of view, and how you're able to just make the tiniest little thing - something that seems so useless in this situation - like coffee to be such a wake-up-call. Just through that little thing, through his thoughts about it, we get to learn a lot about his character, the situation. "Coffee...or no coffee.." <g>

This brilliance just continues throughout the whole story. You just have this extreme talent of creating so many emotions into this short little story, getting it so poignant and darn gripping to the point where I have to pinch my arm (err..wing) to see if it's really there, and then I have to read it again...and again..and again. <g>

Marvellous!! smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay