Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well that was a twist Roger<g> So Tempus has a heart after all. Cute. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Kerth
Kerth
LOL!!! clap

Finally we know how El met her "husband" peep

Jose peep

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROFL!! Hilarious! laugh

Too many funny things to comment on - I was grinning right from the time when Tempus spotted the drunk. Great stuff!!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great fun, Roger.

I loved Tempus reading about the Soul Mates episode. --

Nothing like having the love of a *good* woman convert an evil man. <g>

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, so much great stuff, but the best part was Tempus falling for Elena! laugh

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, so many good lines in here! Almost too many to count! As I told you this afternoon, Roger, you write Tempus *so* well ... it's almost scary how well you capture his dialogue. <g>

There were so many funny parts, but one that I just have to highlight is how you slipped a "plot untwist" in for "Operation Blackout". Too funny! Guess Ryan really did die after all. <g>

Too funny!

Kathy

Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Great story, Roger! I love how you write Tempus. His dialogue is awesome. And El and Tempus will be very happy together laugh .

Yay, a birthday story for me smile . Thank you so much!

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Features Writer
Features Writer
Roger
great and funny story

Happy Birthday Enena and Laura
merry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Very interesting story. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Roger

ROTFL!!! This is hilarious. goofy

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ROTFL!!! smile1

Well done, Roger!

Missy

Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL. I was afraid when I noticed it was an El birthday story, and we all know how evil she is! But then Tempus met the woman of his dreams, and he is evil no more! Great story! *giggle*

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awww!!! Roger!!! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
With all this contention about whether Tempus has reformed his evil ways, I propose I append an additional line or two to the end of the story.

Here's the original end of story:

Briefly, he thought of Lois Lane and found he simply didn't care any more. Lois and Superman could have the future. He had the past, or present, rather, and hoped Elena would be a part of it for a long time to come.
Here's the appended sentences:

Perhaps if he had the time, and assuming Elena was okay with it, he could destroy Utopia later. But for now, he had far more important things to do.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This was hilarious! evil

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry I'm really late getting back to commenting. RL (the real one) has been a real bear lately.

Thanks for everybody who managed to pick up on all the little things, like references to other episodes and the little plot untwist I tossed in. And I'm very glad so many found the humor in this little story, since that's just what I was going for.

I'm not sure if everybody caught on to the parts of the story that were in honor of the two birthday girls. Everyone caught onto Elena's appearance in the story, but may or may not have understood the in-joke. Elena's a big fan of Tempus. In one thread on this messageboard for Wendy's Tank Ending to her "When Larry Met Charlie", Elena referred to herself as Mrs. Tempus. With her "love" of Tempus so well-known, I'm surprised a fic like this hasn't appeared sooner.

Thanks to Wendy for coming up with Elena's surname in this story. Unbenownst to me, the surname actually is the name of a famous coffee brewer near Elena's hometown in Italy. Elena likes her coffee as much as L&C do.

For Laura, her two alter-egos made an appearance as Lois' two friends as they passed Grover Cleveland Hall. The hall name was in honor of Laura's hometown. And the setting of the story in college was in honor of her master's degree. Congratulations again, Laura!

And happy belated birthday to the both of you.

Thanks to LauraC, Jose, Wendy, Barb, Pam, Kathy, LauraU, Merry, Maria, Tricia, Missy, Karen, Elena, and Ursie for their kind and wonderful comments! And a special thanks to Kathy, who BR'ed this story just minutes before posting.

Oh, and one other thing, the title of the story, "College Tempus", is a play on College Campus.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard