Lois & Clark Forums
Well that was a twist Roger<g> So Tempus has a heart after all. Cute. Laura
LOL!!! clap

Finally we know how El met her "husband" peep

Jose peep
ROFL!! Hilarious! laugh

Too many funny things to comment on - I was grinning right from the time when Tempus spotted the drunk. Great stuff!!

Wendy smile
Great fun, Roger.

I loved Tempus reading about the Soul Mates episode. --

Nothing like having the love of a *good* woman convert an evil man. <g>

Barb.
lol, so much great stuff, but the best part was Tempus falling for Elena! laugh

PJ
Oh, so many good lines in here! Almost too many to count! As I told you this afternoon, Roger, you write Tempus *so* well ... it's almost scary how well you capture his dialogue. <g>

There were so many funny parts, but one that I just have to highlight is how you slipped a "plot untwist" in for "Operation Blackout". Too funny! Guess Ryan really did die after all. <g>

Too funny!

Kathy
Great story, Roger! I love how you write Tempus. His dialogue is awesome. And El and Tempus will be very happy together laugh .

Yay, a birthday story for me smile . Thank you so much!
Roger
great and funny story

Happy Birthday Enena and Laura
merry
Hi,

Very interesting story. smile1
Roger

ROTFL!!! This is hilarious. goofy

Tricia cool
ROTFL!!! smile1

Well done, Roger!

Missy
LOL. I was afraid when I noticed it was an El birthday story, and we all know how evil she is! But then Tempus met the woman of his dreams, and he is evil no more! Great story! *giggle*
Awww!!! Roger!!! smile1
With all this contention about whether Tempus has reformed his evil ways, I propose I append an additional line or two to the end of the story.

Here's the original end of story:

Briefly, he thought of Lois Lane and found he simply didn't care any more. Lois and Superman could have the future. He had the past, or present, rather, and hoped Elena would be a part of it for a long time to come.
Here's the appended sentences:

Perhaps if he had the time, and assuming Elena was okay with it, he could destroy Utopia later. But for now, he had far more important things to do.
This was hilarious! evil

Ursie
Sorry I'm really late getting back to commenting. RL (the real one) has been a real bear lately.

Thanks for everybody who managed to pick up on all the little things, like references to other episodes and the little plot untwist I tossed in. And I'm very glad so many found the humor in this little story, since that's just what I was going for.

I'm not sure if everybody caught on to the parts of the story that were in honor of the two birthday girls. Everyone caught onto Elena's appearance in the story, but may or may not have understood the in-joke. Elena's a big fan of Tempus. In one thread on this messageboard for Wendy's Tank Ending to her "When Larry Met Charlie", Elena referred to herself as Mrs. Tempus. With her "love" of Tempus so well-known, I'm surprised a fic like this hasn't appeared sooner.

Thanks to Wendy for coming up with Elena's surname in this story. Unbenownst to me, the surname actually is the name of a famous coffee brewer near Elena's hometown in Italy. Elena likes her coffee as much as L&C do.

For Laura, her two alter-egos made an appearance as Lois' two friends as they passed Grover Cleveland Hall. The hall name was in honor of Laura's hometown. And the setting of the story in college was in honor of her master's degree. Congratulations again, Laura!

And happy belated birthday to the both of you.

Thanks to LauraC, Jose, Wendy, Barb, Pam, Kathy, LauraU, Merry, Maria, Tricia, Missy, Karen, Elena, and Ursie for their kind and wonderful comments! And a special thanks to Kathy, who BR'ed this story just minutes before posting.

Oh, and one other thing, the title of the story, "College Tempus", is a play on College Campus.
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards