OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The conclusion is coming shortly!

So, too fast of a chapter? Too slow? Did the Elders cave too easily? jump

Discuss...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#79790 06/12/11 06:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"There are less than a thousand of us left. New Krypton cannot afford to kill everyone who makes a mistake."
I think Kryptonians are doomed as a species. A thousand is too few for genetic diversity. I hope they've been taking tissue samples from everyone who died, so that hopefully some genetic diversity might be preserved.

And I liked the bit with the Elders. You showed their concerns. Clark probably earned some extra credit by standing up to Nor's torture.

#79791 06/12/11 06:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
"There are less than a thousand of us left. New Krypton cannot afford to kill everyone who makes a mistake."
I think Kryptonians are doomed as a species. A thousand is too few for genetic diversity. I hope they've been taking tissue samples from everyone who died, so that hopefully some genetic diversity might be preserved.

And I liked the bit with the Elders. You showed their concerns. Clark probably earned some extra credit by standing up to Nor's torture.
They probably are doomed as a species unless they can mate with other species, like Lois and Clark would have children. So while they wouldn't be keeping the bloodlines pure, at least the bloodlines would continue. Probably wouldn't happen though - we saw how much of a scandal the idea of Clark and Lois was at his trial in the series. Too bad. Kryptonians are awesome.

Glad you liked the Elders bit. I was kind of worried it sounded a little rushed.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#79792 06/12/11 08:11 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Loved this part, too! Realistically, I doubt the elders would change the law after such a short time of having changes thrust upon them. However, also realistically, Clark would never be able to fly, so...I think it worked out great! smile

I'd happy Ching and Zara have their happy ending now, but I'm eager to get back to Lois and Clark now.

And really, forty-three people dying in the entire course of a civil war is probably the most bloodless civil war ever.

One little thing I forgot to mention...the chain Lois gave him to hang her ring on is silver in the show. I don't know if you changed it for a reason, but I thought I'd mention it. Hope it helps.

Again, looking forward to the last part--I've really enjoyed this story!

#79793 06/12/11 08:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved this part, too! Realistically, I doubt the elders would change the law after such a short time of having changes thrust upon them. However, also realistically, Clark would never be able to fly, so...I think it worked out great!
Thanks. I'm still considering reworking this chapter to expand on the Elders letting Clark leave (Clark's pleas, not the behind the scenes discussion after they send him out of the room). Not sure though. Once Clark threatens them with no children, the Elders would be backed into a corner.

I'd happy Ching and Zara have their happy ending now, but I'm eager to get back to Lois and Clark now.
Next part! Girl scout's oath! laugh

And really, forty-three people dying in the entire course of a civil war is probably the most bloodless civil war ever.
True. I considered changing that as well. I just felt guilty about decimating the Kryptonian population that much. Yes, I realize they are fictional people, but I still felt bad about it!

/me needs help

One little thing I forgot to mention...the chain Lois gave him to hang her ring on is silver in the show. I don't know if you changed it for a reason, but I thought I'd mention it. Hope it helps.
Oops! Total and utter brain fart on the chain color. Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe I should go back and rewatch the NK arc again.... devil

Again, looking forward to the last part--I've really enjoyed this story!
Thanks! Glad you've enjoyed the ride so far! I hope I can live up to your expectations in the final chapter!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard