Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73935 09/20/10 07:00 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Preview of 52

The waitress arrived to take their order. Lois ordered the waffles. Clark ordered the eggs Benedict. They smiled secretly at each other - it seemed strange to be ordering breakfast when, despite the early morning sunshine, it felt like evening.

"This is nice," Lois said. "I know you had some reservations about Ultra Woman, but without my suit, we wouldn't be able to do this." The door opened and a woman entered the cafe. Lois groaned softly under her breath. "Here's trouble," she said.

It was Mayson Drake.

Mayson Drake - the woman who had dared to invade Clark's bed ... the woman who had used the green rock to try to humiliate Superman at his wedding. Lois felt her latent anger stir to life.

Mayson came directly to their table and looked down at Clark. "Superman," she said, her eyelids beating double time. "You're back from your honeymoon."

"We might be back," Lois interjected. "But the honeymoon is far from over."
FDK goes here!

Another thank you to my tireless BRs - Iolanthe, Deja Vu, and Lynn. They are still giving me great suggestions, and each one of them improves the story with her contribution. clap clap clap

Thanks,

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ohhh, great part. Yeah to Seb for ignoring Ezzie. Loved the scene at the farmhouse with Lois massaging Clark to relax him.
Hmmm, if they go to Clark's apartment, Mayson knows how to get in!
LOL, on Mayson's lashes beating double time as she comes on to Superman!
Keep it coming!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
loving this story-can't wait to see how you resolve Mayson and Esmeralda

D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
That was so sweet - Lois being there for Clark and knowing exactly what he needed!

Seb's mind sure must be going now - wondering about what Lois is up to! But he's so in love, that wondering what Lois is up to will not be his priority.

From the preview:
It was Mayson Drake.
Sounds like trouble is coming! And even more so with Lex wanting to know what Mayson's up to.

Eagerly awaiting for 52 (and the rest!) smile1

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Superman collapsing. Ultra Woman hovering over him like a helicopter parent.
clap

The built-up heaviness drained from his body and into her hands. Her touch sweetened his weariness, and Clark drifted into a deep, restful sleep.
Awwwwww

"Starving," he said. His hand slipped under her t-shirt and glided across her back. "But there's something else I'd like first."

"I can't imagine what," Lois said innocently, although her hand had left his face and begun to slide down his chest.

"Let me show you," Clark said, and his mouth found hers.
And now he's awake again clap

"But don't you think it's just *wrong* to lead a guy on like that?" she said heatedly.
Okay, two options. Either she is like Cat and a serial monogamist. Or, she's just slightly aggrieved that Lois won't share.

"Breakfast?" Clark said with a smile. "By then, it'll be nearly bedtime for you."

She poked his chest. "Honestly, Kent," she said. "You have developed a seriously one-track mind since becoming a married man."
I think little Miss PrimAndProper is projecting. After all, Metropolis breakfast time is more or less her supper time, thus making this into a regular couple of hours instead of 12 hours of insatiable Kryptonian devouring his wife.

Sweet and wholesome part. Now, if I go by the teaser, next part will be Mayson action and then we will get Hawthorn action and Esmeralda action in the part after next?

Oh and...
"Superman," she said, her eyelids beating double time.
Artemis is dead-on with the rotflol

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wheee! Love your story hyper

I'm afraid I was a little slow as it took me twice reading it before I started laughing at your great phrasing of Mayson batting her eyelashes at Superman; so fun to make her the laughingstock!!!
"Superman," she said, her eyelids beating double time.
Hey, Mayson has musical eyelids... clap

EvelynC
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I can't wait to see what kind of fun they'll have with Mayson! laugh

I heart Clark Kent.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Artemis

Hmmm, if they go to Clark's apartment, Mayson knows how to get in!
Hmmm indeed.

Thanks!

Joy Thanks, Joy. I have a definite plan for Mayson. Esmeralda - I have an idea, and I will probably include it ... maybe at LnC's wedding!

DW

Seb's mind sure must be going now - wondering about what Lois is up to! But he's so in love, that wondering what Lois is up to will not be his priority.
That is a really good point. There are other reasons why I put Seb and Chris together, but this makes a lot of sense.

Thanks, DW.

Michael RE the helicopter parent - thanks to DJV who introduced me to that term. It isn't one I had heard before.

Now, if I go by the teaser, next part will be Mayson action and then we will get Hawthorn action and Esmeralda action in the part after next?
Sort of. It's a bit like there are six pots on the cooktop and only three elements. I have to keep juggling them so they all stay warm.
Hawthorn - push to the back for a while - let cool a bit in readiness for a big finish.
Mayson - drag to front and centre - she's about to boil.
Es - she can simmer away for a few parts - she's only nuisance value anyway laugh

Evelyn I haven't been nice at all to Mayson in this fic. I'm glad you're enjoying the ride! Thanks.

Jen Hi. Mayson might have some fun with them first, but by the end of the fic, the good guys will have won - in many different ways!

Thanks, everyone.

52 will be posted sometime tonight.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard