#63589 05/16/09 06:42 AM
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
FDK goes here...

The last few days have been insane. Finals on Thursday [followed by a baby sleeping at DH's work so didn't get home to get stuff done] and then outside with the kids/DH for a while, then collapsed. Yesterday, cleaned probably 1800 or so sq ft of our house [like shiny cleaned] and need to do the rest today and the rest of the weekend is likely to be just as busy. Unfortunately, this means I'm going to have to slow down the posting schedule until I can get some more written. Hopefully, next week will be much slower and I can get some done. Doc appt for DS on Thursday but otherwise the week looks pretty clear so...

Ch. 17 is half done and I have a pretty good idea how the rest of it's going to go but have to get it written. So unless I manage to get two chapters finished before then, the next post won't be until Wed or so frown . I hate doing that but otherwise, there won't be anything after the middle of next week...

Anyway...

Chapter 15 Preview
"Clark..."

He spun her in his arms, kissing her until they were both breathless.

She sunk against him, using his body to hold her upright as she recovered. "Okay," she whispered. "Let's go. Make love to me, Clark."
Thanks smile .
Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
It was Clark who worked on the dockworkers strike in PML. I recognized the story when Lois started on it, but got distracted when Supes umpired the game.

Elisabeth

S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
oy

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So it was Lucy blush
/wipes brow/

"Perry offered me a job."

"That's great."

"As your partner."

Her head snapped up. "What?"

"He offered me a job as your partner."

"I work alone." She always had and, even though she could admit that Clark was a good writer and they had worked well together, she didn't want a partner. Especially not him. Not now. Maybe under other circumstances but...
So, that's bye-bye Clark?

She hadn't heard from Clark at all in those two days. She didn't know if he had accepted Perry's job offer and he was going to be her partner against her wishes or what.

She walked carefully down the stairs, her eyes scanning the newsroom as she did.

"*Lois*! My office. Now!"
That should be her answer dizzy Does it even matter?

Michael, sitting down and twirling his thumbs while waiting for Wednesday.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Uh, why are we so convinced that Lois is drugged? The first season is completely out of order in this story as it is, so why does dock workers strike have to equal PML?

Why can't she just have finally come to her senses? (Besides the obvious reason that this is a Carol story?)

I demand that Lois come to her senses. Now. /Stamps foot, jumps up and down, general temper tantrum. We need an icon for that./

wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great part. I didn't think Lois was drugged at all. She realized Clark was not there anymore and Superman was doing stuff full time. She came to her senses, was my take. Keep it coming as soon as you can.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm enjoying the fact that it's Lois's turn to do one bonehead thing after another. That's usually Clark's job. Of course, he could have been more involved after that one night. I mean, she's in/just out of the hospital. She said "I can't work with you as my partner," not "I don't want to see you." So Clark doesn't get a complete pass on boneheadedness for this round.

I love the ending. love I just hope this is them turning the corner.

Bob

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
What I'm getting most as I read this story is a sense of how conflicted Lois is...how she wants to believe in a happily ever after with Clark, but she just can't bring herself to do it. Of course, this translates into her blowing hot and cold on Clark.

This last scene is particularly interesting...maybe it will be the catalyst for them figuring out what happened to them in Eureka Springs?

Looking forward to more!

Amber

Features Writer
Features Writer
I only started reading this recently, and I have to say that I'm impressed. You've taken one of the oldest cliches in the book- waking up married in Vegas (sort of), and then committed the cardinal sin of having them lay out their secrets on their first meeting. That's what amateur writers do and usually it's just terrible. Yet somehow you did it and made it work. You turned it into an exploration of the relationship between these two characters and you made us care...not just about Lois and Clark, but about *this* Lois and Clark. That takes real writing talent.

I really like seeing Perry deal with the pregnancy in this chapter.

It's been a fun ride. It'll be interesting to see how you deal with the origin of the compulsion to marry, whatever it is.

Anyway, you've won me over with this one, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it soon.

Features Writer
Features Writer
wow wow wow hyper hail hail I love this part more plz. can you make it an double?

I will and always be a big fan of Lois and Clark forever and forever.
S
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
S
ack! am going through carolfic withdrawal, sheesh, I am pathetically addicted!

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Awww! I've made progress today! I even [just now] decided to end Ch 17 where it is instead of trying to rush the next section. It's a tad on the short side but not much.

And I've now got a really good idea where it's going *and* how it's getting there so once I get this stinking LR cleaned up I might actually be able to make some more progress on it today in which case I might be able to post tomorrow. We'll see smile .

Be back later with more!
Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/me waves

Have to go take 5yo to preschool momentarily but did want to pop in and say thank you!

It's interesting to read the theories and all that wink .

I *have* finished! WOOHOO! So the posting schedule will pick up again!

I'll post this afternoon, but I do have a lot going on [stuff to do - new job orientation stuff, betaing, home visit with DD4yo's teacher, DH gone for the night, etc] so I wish I had more time to respond to fdk but it's not gonna happen today frown .

Thanks again!

Carol

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard