Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Okay - I haven't read it yet. Am off to do so now!

All right - am back...

Aww! I love Oliver and Velma - and they both have Vs in their names! Are they going to name their kids things with V like a certain former villain was going to do with his kids and X [except the one his fiance picked out of course wink ]?

I loved this Nan! I think it's so sweet that he knew the minute he saw her and realized he hoped she wasn't married. I also loved that Superman flew by and waved [reminiscent of the scene with Clark and Lori and the Lyons in another fic]. I also loved that the hospital thought that Rhonda was his sister wink .

I think that she figured out Clark's secret [though I wasn't entirely certain] and would have liked to see the reaction to that but if your track record is any indication, you'll give us something in the not too distant future! I would love to hear more about Clark and Lori of course, but I also like reading about the other members of the family that you've made us love. Heck, I'd love to read a story about a young Rhonda Klein for instance!

Now... best get back to that other sequel! I'm on Buried Secrets for the first time so I'm going to be wanting to read the sequel to HTIT before too long!

Carol [who is so glad her internet came back on when it did and who is working her way through Nan fic the last few days - did anyone ever realize exactly how much Nan fic is out there!?!?! And how good it all is?!]

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
This is a wonderfully sweet story, Nan. I'm always happy to see more of "Home"! Thank you for sharing it with us.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Kerth
Kerth
Yes, "Woohoo! Home!" Sure sums it up neatly. laugh That was precisely what I thought. rotflol

Yes, definitely my favorite line. Although the rest of the story was as great as... well... everything you write. Loved it. (Especially Ronnie claiming to be Olivers sister at the hospital, or discretely looking through the wall to check on him.) Love that story. sloppy

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
OH! Yes, I loved that line too Lara! Ancient Kryptonian custom indeed! wink
Carol

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Home. Nice. Warm. Cozy.

Getting to know the entire family is always so nice. And Velma figuring Clark out on her own.

But shocking us with the muggers. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. It must be hereditary. That clan just attracts trouble huh

And Carol is right. Vignettes on the rest of the clan would definitely be nice, too. All those little glimpses we have gotten into their past. The stories hidden in there.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Thanks, Nan. It does feel like Home.

Elisabeth

Kerth
Kerth
That's one hell of a thing to happen on the night you get engaged - hope you don't have anything too drastic planned for the wedding!

Velma is a VERY good detective to work Clark out on her own.

Still want to know if there's a Batman in the Home universe - or will one of Clark's descendents take on the role?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ditto on the ancient Kryptonian custom thing.

Loved this story. And I am glad the the wedding was trouble free, but then again, you do have a way with honeymoons...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Kerth
Kerth
I've been thinking a lot about your Home Series, Nan, and there are two stories I'd really like to read: First of all, the story about Ryan Kent and Marcy Lyons. I even have an idea for a title. How about "Home: Bodyguard"? I think this would make a good *long* story.

The other one might be either a long story or just a vignette, I think. I'd really love to read something out of the life of Annie Kent. You mentioned in one or other of your stories that she had this agent making up a separate love life for her. I think it would be really funny to read about some of it - and how it affects Annie and her family.

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Oooo Oooo Ditto Lara!!! Both Ryan and Marcy and Annie and how she's been a movie/tv/vid/whatever star 3 different times.

I was also wondering - after rereading Home: Family Party - if Lori got to throw the shower this go round wink .

Carol [who thinks she should probably go reread it just to make sure Nan didn't mention it and since it's the last Home fic she hasn't reread in the last few days]

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
I'll try to come up with something, but it won't be immediately. I'm trying to work on the sequel to The Hottest Team in Town at the moment and between that and the craziness going on right now -- one of my sons is going into the Navy and we're dealing with recruiters and getting him into physical shape for it -- and babysitting my grandkids, trying to make repairs on the house and making sure my brother gets safely to and from his job every day (which doesn't sound hard, but Jimmy is handicapped and has to have a certain amount of supervision) I only have a limited amount of time to write. I can only promise that if the right idea hits me I'll write it for you.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Oh Nan!!! No pressure! Somehow I doubt any of us have as much time to write as we'd like! We all understand. But if one of us happens to spark an idea... wink You know... something for future reference...

Carol [who will read any Nanfic anytime smile ]

Kerth
Kerth
That sounds great, Nan. clap I'm really looking forward to reading it - even if it isn't anytime soon.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Loved this last one Velma and Olver getting married was great would love to see more of them

Shelley

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard